12581 Deer Mtn Blvd
Kamas, UT 84036
©2012 Chobeso Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Site Author: Douglas Greene
Videos, Features & Pricing
Terms & Conditions
Google Adwords Best Practices
This article will discuss ways to improve the results you see when advertising using Google Adwords.
We assume you're already familiar with Google Adwords. If you're not, please review this site 1st, then come back to our blog, go to -> https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en
ON YOUR WEBSITE
1) Get your site setup under Google Analytics. Analytics provides you with hundreds of reports which help you understand the traffic coming to your site. From the perspective of Google Adwords, Analytics will show you the keyword phrases being entered when people come to your site through an Adwords campain. This video will teach you how to add Google Analytics to your site -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19M6nte7HA
2) You'll want an independent way of tracking what is going on with your Adwords Campaign. ProAgentWebsites.com provides you with a tool you can use to track the number of clicks and leads you receive from your Adwords Campaign. This tool can be found at 'Edit Your Site' -> 'Advertising Campaigns'. A tutorial video can be found here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPkS4ibmiF4
3) Log into 'Edit Your Site' at ProAgentWebsites.com and click 'Advertising Campaigns'. Now create a campaign for Adwords. Set the 'Landing Page' to 'Advanced Search'. Once you have added the campaign be sure to make note of the 'Ad URL'. This is the URL you want all your Google Adwords traffic to be routed to. You can write the 'Ad URL' down or hi-lite the text then press 'Control C' to copy it (on an iMac computer press 'Cmd C') to your computers clip-board.
4) Now go to 'Edit Your Site' -> 'Lead Capture'. Make sure 'Lead Capture' is turned on. Set the 'Capture Type' to 'Overlay'. Start out by using 'Free Views' set to 3. When set this way the visitor coming in from Google Adwords will be required to signup when they view the 4th home. You'll need to experiment with the number of 'Free Views' to see what works best for your situation. Start with 3, give it a few days. Change it to 1, give it a few days. Compare results, see what works best.
ON GOOGLE ADWORDS
1) When setting up your Advertising Campain only advertise on the 'Search Network'. The Search Network includes Google.com and it's associated search partners. DO NOT advertise on the 'Display Network'. The Display Network places ads on websites that are trying to monitize their traffic. These types of ads do not perform well.
2) Let Adwords optimize your bids. If you want to place in the top 3 spots, the best way to do this and save money in the process is to let Google Manage your bids.
3) Consider the 'Locations' where you'd like your ads to run. One money saving tip would be to advertise in all of the United States EXCEPT the state you do business in. This will result in more RELO business for you and will eliminate wasted clicks coming from other Real Estate Agents checking out your ad.
4) Before you create your Ad, be sure to use google.com to see which ads are in the top three positions for the keyword phrase your targeting. The placement of your ad is based on the popularity of the ad and your max bid. You'll want to mimic ads that seem to be working well since they're in the top three spots.
5) When creating the advertisement, be sure to enter the Ad URL from 'ON YOUR SITE -> Step 3' above into the field labeled 'Destination URL'. This will cause all traffic from your adwords campaign to be sent to your ProAgentWebsites.com Ad Tracking.
6) After creating your Ad Group, click on 'Devices'. You'll want to set 'Mobile Devices with full browsers' to 'Decrease by 100%'. This will stop ads from being displayed on Mobile Phones. Your Ads will continue to run on Computers and Tablets.
7) Click on the 'Keywords' tab. Notice at the bottom there is a selection labeled 'Negative Keywords'. This section allows you to enter words which will prevent your Ad from showing. Let's say you're targeting the keyword phrase 'San Diego Real Estate'. Would you want traffic from people who search on google for 'San Diego Real Estate for Rent'? If not, add the Negative Keyword 'Rent'. This will prevent your Ad from displaying when the word 'Rent' is entered in Google.com. You should also get in the routine of reviewing the search traffic you receive using Google Analytics. This will help you identify the search traffic you're paying for which you do not want. Then you can add Negative Keywords to eliminate it in the future.
8) Experiment, experiment, experiment. Try different Ads. Try different Keywords Phrases. Try changing your Lead Capture - Free Views. Each time you try a diffent combination you can create a new Advertising Campaign on ProAgentWebsites.com to track the clicks and leads. This makes it easy to compare.
Blog Archive2013-10-03 10:17:45
Google Adwords Best Practices
Posting a Listing to Facebook
Add Live Chat to your Site
New Feature - Text Message Lead Generation
New Feature - Facebook Application
New Feature - Free Market Report
New Feature - Mobile Phones
New Feature - Hotsheets
New Feature - Ratings and Notes
We are processing your request. This may take up to a minute. Please stand by...